We have done everything to ensure that our candles are safe for your use however, the care and safety of burning a candle is ultimately up to you. Please be sure to read the following to ensure you get the best results from your candle!
- Keep your candle away from the reach of kids, pets and flammable objects such as bedding, curtains, furniture etc.
- Do not burn your candle for more than 4 hours at a time as the glass can get very hot.
- Never leave your candle burning unattended
- Stop burning your candle when there is approximately 1cm of wax left in the container as this can cause the glass to get extremely hot.
- Always keep your candle free from foreign objects such as wick trimmings, matches etc.
- Avoid draughts when burning your candle as this can cause a smoky flame, uneven burning and cause the candle to burn faster than anticipated.
- Extinguish your flame by using a candle snuffer or by very gently blowing out the flame, being careful not to splatter wax.
TRIM YOUR WICKS
Trim your cotton wicks to 5mm & wood wicks to 3mm before each burn. If your wick is longer than this it is possible that it will create smoke and potentially burn faster, resulting in a reduced estimated burn time for your candle. Be sure not to trim your wicks too small as this can potentially result in your flame burning to small which means the melt pool will not reach the edges and tunnelling will occur. (Please note that wood wicks do tend to need a bit more TLC, please read below for information)
BURNING YOUR CANDLE
Soy wax has a memory, therefore to prevent tunnelling and to get the most burn time please allow your initial burn to melt all the way to the edges, this can take between 2-4 hours depending on your environment.
GENERAL CANDLE CARE:
Always store your candles in a cool, dry and dark place away from direct sunlight as soy wax is softer than most other waxes.
Container candle burn times will vary depending on the environment you are burning your candle in, your 'at home' candle care and different types of fragrance.
When you are not burning your candle try to pop the lid back on to avoid any dust build up.
If there is any dust build up, gently rub the surface of your candle with a dry or damp cloth or some paper towel.
WOOD WICK CARE:
Wood wicks need that little extra bit of love and care. If your wood wick isn't trimmed between burns there is a chance that little bits of wood and embers falling off into the melt pool which can cause the wax to turn a darker colour.
Sometimes this is unavoidable and can still happen, if so this doesn't affect the quality of your candle at all, it just won't be as aesthetically pleasing. Wood wick flames can vary for each burn, this is just a feature of the wood wick.